In honor of all that’s holy about tacos (Tuesday or not), I have to share our go-to recipe!
WE LOVE TACOS! (Can I just say they are our favorite food!)
- Meat of your choice. (I’m using leftover chicken from last night!)
- 1/2 red (or yellow) onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Tortillas…. (I prefer whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown Meat and add in spices! Remove from skillet. Set aside. I usually set these in the oven to stay warm.
Add vegetable oil to skillet to heat. (I use 1 tsp per shell)
When oil is hot, add in tortilla, brown on each side and fold. Place on paper towel to help absorb any last oil.
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onions (red and/or yellow)
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Greek yogurt *instead of sour cream*
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded Colby jack cheese
- We had leftover corn from the cob from the evening before so I cut it from the cob and served it as a topping as well.
- Black beans with a squeeze of lime and cilantro are delicious too.
- Fresh bell peppers make an excellent choice to keep the meal light and not so heavy!
**ONE LAST NOTE…. These tacos are delicious with leftover pulled pork or beef roast, shredded chicken, or even venison as a quick evening meal with leftovers!**
Oh, and sister, you should subscribe to this Dauntless with Dignity blog for more recipes & time saving tips straight to your inbox! (I got you, busy Mommas!)
With love… from my kitchen to yours!