My Personal Book List Recommendations
You know those books that you get your hands on and they absolutely transform your mindset and in turn, transform your life? I have a list of those for you! I grew up hating non-fiction & thinking “Self-Help” books were for weak people who needed a LOT of counseling. Sister, I WAS WRONG!! Isn’t amazing how our mindset changes as we mature!?
A few years ago (when I began coaching other women with health and fitness goals), I realized I had a LOT of growing to do myself. As Paul talks about in Romans 12, to transform we must renew our minds! I started reading books and creating Godly Affirmations to help me do just that!
Each week I have women asking:
- What should I read?
- How do I change my mindset?
- Can you recommend me a book?
To answer that starts with a simple question:
What area of your life are you looking to improve?
Personal growth really is personal. There are hundreds of books + podcasts out there to help, but first you much choose one (or a few) areas in which you want to challenge yourself to mature. To help you with narrowing your choices I sub-divided my book list into categories! I will be updating & adding & sharing with you as I continue to grow/learn/mature!
*Note, these are affiliate links connected to my Amazon.*
- You’re Already Amazing by Holley Gerth
- You’re Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O’Martian
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst (specifically addresses eating issues)
- The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer
- Makeover by Jen Hatmaker
Growth Mindset + Goal Setting
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Grit for Kids by Lee David Daniels
- Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell
- The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone
- The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- Chop Wood Carry Water by Joshua Medcalf
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg & John David Mann
- The 5-Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Daily Discipline & Time Mangement
- The Slight Edge- by Jeff Olson
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
- Go For No by Richard Fenton
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky A. Bailey, Ph.D.
Creating A Stronger Woman
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- I am That Girl by Alexis Jones
My ELA Classroom (Teacher Tools)
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
To Read with Your Littles
You are Special by Max Lucado